Pizza With Bacon Toppings
Pizza with bacon toppings is a delicious and savory pizza that is perfect for bacon lovers. Here is a recipe for making a bacon pizza at home:
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4-6 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or basil, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface to the desired thickness and shape. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Scatter the chopped bacon, sliced red onion, and minced garlic over the cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the toppings and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley or basil over the pizza, if desired.
- Slice the pizza and serve hot.
This bacon pizza is a great way to satisfy your craving for something savory and indulgent. You can also experiment with other toppings, such as mushrooms, peppers, or sausage, to make it your own.