Pasta Penne With Tomato and Rucola
Pasta penne with tomato and rucola is a simple and delicious Italian dish that can be made in just a few minutes. Here is a recipe for making pasta penne with tomato and rucola:
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 ounces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 cups rucola (also known as arugula)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat.
- Let the tomato sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
- Drain the cooked penne pasta and add it to the skillet with the tomato sauce. Toss the pasta until it is coated with the sauce.
- Add the rucola to the skillet and toss the pasta until the rucola has wilted slightly.
- Divide the pasta among plates and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This pasta penne with tomato and rucola is a simple and satisfying dish that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. You can also add other vegetables, such as sliced bell peppers or zucchini, to the tomato sauce to make it even more flavorful and nutritious.