Cooking Sausages on Charcoal Grill
Cooking sausages on a charcoal grill is a popular way to prepare this delicious meat. Here are some general steps to follow:
- Sausages (your choice of flavor)
- Lighter fluid or charcoal chimney starter
- Grilling tongs or spatula
- Meat thermometer (optional)
- Start by lighting the charcoal. If using lighter fluid, pile the charcoal in a pyramid shape and douse with the lighter fluid. Allow the fluid to soak in for a minute before lighting the charcoal with a long-handled lighter. If using a charcoal chimney starter, place the starter on the bottom grill grate and fill it with charcoal. Light a piece of paper underneath the chimney and allow the coals to ignite and heat up.
- Let the charcoal heat up until it has turned white, and spread it out in an even layer on the bottom grill grate.
- Place the sausages on the top grill grate, using tongs or a spatula to arrange them in a single layer.
- Grill the sausages for 12-15 minutes, turning them every 2-3 minutes to ensure they cook evenly on all sides.
- If you have a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of the sausages to ensure they are fully cooked. Sausages should reach an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) to be considered safe to eat.
- Once the sausages are cooked through, remove them from the grill with tongs or a spatula and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious grilled sausages with your favorite condiments and sides!