A cupcake is a small, individual-sized cake that is typically baked in a cup-shaped container, such as a muffin tin or a cupcake liner. It is a popular dessert that consists of a soft and fluffy cake base, often flavored with ingredients like vanilla, chocolate, or fruit. Cupcakes are usually topped with frosting or icing, which can be piped or spread over the cake to add flavor, decoration, and sweetness. They are commonly served at parties, birthdays, and other special occasions, and they can be customized with various decorations, sprinkles, and fillings to create a wide range of flavors and designs.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- Optional: additional flavorings (e.g., chocolate chips, berries, nuts)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin pan with paper liners or grease the cups to prevent sticking.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or beat by hand.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix; a few lumps are fine.
- If desired, fold in any additional flavorings, such as chocolate chips, berries, or nuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin cake comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven and allow the muffin cakes to cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, you can enjoy the muffin cakes as is or add a frosting or glaze of your choice for extra sweetness.
Feel free to get creative with flavors and toppings to personalize your muffin cakes. Enjoy your homemade treats!
Note: Baking times may vary, so it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the muffin cakes as they bake and adjust the time as needed.