Roasted sweet potatoes make a delicious and versatile side dish. They can be enjoyed on their own as a healthy snack or paired with various main dishes. They are naturally sweet and packed with nutrients, making them a great addition to any meal.
Here’s a simple recipe for roasted sweet potatoes:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: additional spices or herbs of your choice (such as paprika, garlic powder, rosemary, or cinnamon)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into even-sized cubes or wedges, about 1-inch in thickness.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and any additional spices or herbs you prefer. Make sure the sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they have enough space between them for even cooking.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast the sweet potatoes for about 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown. You can check for doneness by piercing them with a fork – they should be easily pierced but not mushy.
- Once roasted, remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Note: Feel free to experiment with different seasonings and herbs to suit your taste preferences. You can also drizzle them with a little honey or sprinkle them with some chopped fresh herbs before serving, if desired. Enjoy the delightful flavors and textures of roasted sweet potatoes as a nutritious and satisfying dish!