Easy Peeling of Garlic
Peeling garlic can be a bit tricky and time-consuming, but there are some easy ways to do it:
- Use your hands: Take a garlic clove and place it on a cutting board. Place the flat side of a chef’s knife on top of the garlic clove and give it a quick, sharp whack with your palm to loosen the skin. The skin should come off easily.
- Use two bowls: Place the garlic cloves in a metal bowl and cover it with another metal bowl of the same size. Hold the two bowls together tightly and shake them vigorously for a few seconds. The shaking motion should loosen the skins, which will fall off the cloves.
- Microwave it: Place the garlic clove in the microwave for 10-15 seconds on high. This will soften the skin, making it easier to peel off.
- Soak in water: Soak the garlic cloves in water for a few minutes before peeling them. This will help loosen the skin, making it easier to peel off.
- Use a garlic peeler: A garlic peeler is a small silicone tube that you can roll the garlic clove in, and it will help loosen the skin, making it easier to peel off.
By using these techniques, you can peel garlic easily and quickly.