Fried Spring Rolls
Fried spring rolls are a delicious and crispy appetizer that are enjoyed all over the world. Here’s a simple recipe for making fried spring rolls:
- 1 package spring roll wrappers
- 1 lb ground pork or chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large skillet or wok, cook the ground pork or chicken over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrot, and cabbage to the skillet and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Stir in the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is well combined and the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the filling cool for a few minutes.
- To assemble the spring rolls, place a spring roll wrapper on a clean work surface with one of the corners facing you.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the filling onto the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper up over the filling, then fold the sides in toward the center.
- Roll the wrapper up tightly to form a cylinder, making sure to tuck in the sides as you go.
- Repeat with the remaining spring roll wrappers and filling.
- Heat about 1 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot.
- Fry the spring rolls in batches for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the spring rolls from the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve the fried spring rolls hot, with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Enjoy your delicious fried spring rolls!
Note: You can customize the filling for the spring rolls to your liking, using a variety of meats, vegetables, and seasonings. Additionally, you can serve the spring rolls with a variety of dipping sauces, such as sweet chili sauce or soy sauce.